Transport in Leipzig
Summit Transport Information Desks will be situated at the Congress Center Leipzig (CCL), official Summit hotels, Leipzig/Halle airport and Leipzig’s main train station to provide transport-related information and assist delegates with their transport needs from Tuesday 26 May to Friday 29 May.
Detailed maps showing the overview of the transport options will be available at the Summit Transport Information Desks.
Summit participants are offered unlimited free public transport within Leipzig from Tuesday 26 May to Friday 29 May inclusive.
Your 2020 Summit delegate badge allows you to travel free of charge on Leipzig public transport (no transport ticket is required). Until you collect your badge at the Summit venue, the official registration confirmation letter can be produced upon request. Please note that you may be asked to show supporting valid photo identification.
Connection to CCL by public transport:
Tram (20-minute ride, approx. 25 minutes in total)
Take tram no. 16 from Leipzig’s main train station to "Messegelände" (this is the terminus as well as the stop for Congress Center Leipzig). Trams run every 10 minutes. From the tram stop, it is a short walk (less than 5 minutes) to the main entrance of the conference centre.
Suburban train (10-minute ride, approx. 20 minutes in total)
Take S-Bahn (rapid transit lines) S2, S5, S5X or S6 from Leipzig’s main train station to "S-Bahnhof Messe" train station. Trains run every 10-15 minutes. From the train stop, it is a short walk (approx. 10 minutes) to the main entrance of the conference centre.
For more information and schedules, please refer to Leipzig public transport company website.
Scheduled Shuttle Bus Service
A Shuttle Bus service will operate on the Summit days between the city centre and Congress Center Leipzig (CCL).
Summit Days 27-29 May
- a 20-minute ride approx. from the city centre to CCL
- scheduled departure times from designated stops near official Summit hotels
- from the city centre to CCL in the morning and early afternoon
- return service in the afternoon and evening from CCL to designated stops
Arrangements can be made for wheelchair accessible vehicles. Please indicate this during your registration or directly to the Registration Help Desk.
In addition, the shuttle bus service covers the following:
Arrivals at Leipzig/Halle airport on Tuesday 26/05 and Wednesday 27/05
- all scheduled commercial flights will be covered
- to designated stops in city centre and directly to CCL
Please note: there will be no scheduled shuttle service from Leipzig/Halle airport on Thursday 28/05. The Transport Desk staff will provide information on public transport options.
Departures from Leipzig/Halle airport on Thursday 28/05 and Friday 29/05
- from designated stops in city centre and from CCL
- for early and mid-morning flight times, shuttle buses will go directly to the airport
- for all other flight times, shuttle buses will leave from designated stops in city centre, make a quick stop at CCL to collect other air travellers and then proceed to the airport
Presidency Reception on Wednesday 27 May
- from CCL to the venue in the city
Gala Dinner on Thursday 28 May
- from designated stops to CCL in the late afternoon
- return service in the evening from CCL to designated stops
Pre-Summit Day Tuesday 26 May
- No shuttle service is provided to/from CCL on 21 May. Summit Transport Information Desks staff can provide details on public transport options.
Other transport options
- A taxi will take you to CCL along the same route as the bus shuttle (20-minute ride).
- Costs are not covered by the Summit organiser.
- Motorway A14 (Dresden-Magdeburg-Hannover), exit "Messegelände" or "Leipzig Zentrum”.
- From Leipzig’s city centre take Federal Road B2
- Parking is available at CCL, Seehauener Allee 1, 04356 Leipzig.